Saturday, March 24, 2007

Two in one night

I was thinking tonight about my interns, they are leaving on Monday, two left yesterday, one thing I do have to say is that these ones have loved one another well, though that's not the point of this blog.

I had my last burn team with them tonight and I talked about the Love of God, and how when we believe God loves us, nothing can touch us - what can man do to me? And told stories of time when the Lord broke in when I needed him to with the reality of his love for me, and that he knows Iove him back.

It is right to remember His love, and His faithfulness. It's good to call to mind what he has done, we can start with the fact that we deserve hell and get to spend eternity with pleasures evermore and if there was nothing else he ever did that would be enough to know he loved me, that he died for me. But he does more than that, he gives us food, and clothes, and friends, and fun stuff to do and __________ (fill in the blank)

He is good, and he loves us, I wonder how differently I would live if everyday I just spoke that over myself. Maybe I'll try for a few weeks and let y'all know - anyone up for an experiment in remembering his goodness?

I will remember your love more than wine............
Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More than 2004 Peregrine Pinot Noir? That's a scripture with meaning!

Wendy said...

very funny!