Thursday, March 8, 2007

GBF/conference week

As I mentioned in my last blog I am going to attempt to explain GBF/conference week dynamics for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about.

Firstly the GBF, this stands for Global Bridegroom Fast, a 3 day fast (7 days in december) when basically a whole bunch of people fast, not just at IHOP, but all around the world (aka "Global") without going into great detail, because we want Revival, Israel to be saved and Jesus to come back! As IHOP staff we are asked to go to at least 2 intercession meetings a day the 10am, 4pm, 8pm or 12am, I don't quite understand why the 4am doesn't count, but I'm sure there is a reason!

During the GBF we are encouraged to pick a book of the bible and read it through, I always chose Jeremiah and I never get through it, I think I did once and that could of been the seven day one. I look forward to the GBF because most other meetings are cancelled and it just nice to spend time getting re-focused.

After the GBF we have a conference, this month it's Passion for Jesus, to be honest I don't attend much mainly because my sacred trust involves being in the prayer room a lot on Thursday and Saturday is my Sabbath, and I don't really like big groups of people. But we have I guess 1000-2000 people? God TV also broadcasts them. I am looking forward to tomorrow as John Bevere is talking.

So, needless to say the GBf/conference week is pretty packed out and you pretty much can't do much else during that week. Interesting aspects of the week is that Misty's set at 10pm is PACKED out, at our midnight sets we have a few extra people who can't get enough of the prayer room (I can understand if I was here for 3 days I would stay up as late as I could too!) the interns get exhausted from having to get up and be at sessions at 2pm, a time when most of them are still sleeping on other days. Also the 4th of July has been over the GBF both years I've been here for it and sure enough it's on Wednesday this year!

I think that's all, except that I have a little cold so I'm feeling very sorry for myself and finding it very difficult to concentrate on anything that's actually important!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wendy-girl! hey babe, im so glad you are doing this, now i get to hear all about what you are studying and thinking about, and feel like im sitting in your lounge at 1am talking abut end-times :)
sounds like you are going to love GBF, i pray you have tons of strength and dont get sick at all.
much love to you from NZ, oh - and its our wedding anniversary today! weee!

love kelly xoxo

Wendy said...

congrats on your wedding anniversary!!! a whole year. i think the first year is paper gifts!! I did manage to get through the GBf, but unfortunatly I have been sick the last few days, my head (and my mind) has cleared up, now my throat just needs to get better in time to prayer led on Wednesday

love you back
Wendy