Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Seasons come and go.....

Summer, fall, winter and spring have a new meaning to me now, mainly because that's how we divide fire in the night tracks. This Spring 07 will be my 9th time core leading, which sounds like a lot, and it is, I've been doing this for almost 2 years, and then there's the time I core lead while doing track 2. So I think I will say why I like core leading. These are in no particular order, and this is not exhaustive
1) I get to encourage young women to pursue the Lord for the rest of their lives, and put a vision in front of them for holiness
2) I get to talk about the Word
3) It doesn't take too much time out of the prayer room
4) The people I work with are amazing and many are my closest friends here
5) Stuart is an amazing leader and I get to learn stuff from him
6) It forces me to continue to pursue the Lord myself - I want to be in the prayer room more than any of my interns!
7) I get to go to an inner healing seminar every three months
8) I get to eat peanut butter and pretzels
9) I get to meet amazing people and be a part of their lives
10) I get asked questions and find out I know that answers

I think 10 is a good number so I'll stop there! This Friday we have about 60 interns arriving, track 1 and 2 combined. I am looking forward to meeting new faces that will become people that I know and love by the end of the three months. I really do have the coolest job!

Wendy

No comments: