Friday, July 6, 2007

The national holiday that came and went

Most people know that the 4th of July is a day the United States celebrate independence. I have to confess that this year all it meant for me was a I saw a few fireworks on the way to a class and that they collect the trash a day late.

This week and been very full with orientation for fire in the night, but more than that I've been working a lot on making the most of every hour of the day, which I've found is very tiring but it feels so good! I did two out of the ordinary things this week, one being I sung for a 6am team, they only had two singers, it was fun to "just sing" as usually I'm playing as well, they are fortunate that when I was asked my heart was feeling alive and I was having a "thank you Jesus that I am here" moment! Secondly I prayer led for a 2pm team which I enjoyed greatly. But do not fear! Though some of my actions could indicate otherwise I am not planning on moving onto days. I want to do the night watch until the end, by the grace of God.

Another cool little thing of the week, my interns and I were talking about bible stuff, just talking about verses, they were asking questions and that night when the leader of the night watch spoke he mentioned so many of the verses we had talked about there is no way you could call it a coincidence! It was really fun.

that's my week in a nutshell!

No comments: