Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"I've gotten up early for lesser reasons"

This is what I said to Sada when she asked me to prayer lead for the 2pm last week, this little phrase came in handy this weekend. Firstly the solemn assembly, the aim was to get there at noon with my room mate Amanda, neither of our alarms went off which meant I knocked on her door at 12:15pm and we were there by 12:45, not bad I think. The Solemn assembly was wonderful, it was great praying in a focussed way with a bunch of people.

I think one of our problems in getting up was that though we planned a hang out time we proceeded to talk until 8am, I will take responsibility for that because I started it with asking Amanda about a verse in James and what she thought. Amanda is one of my favorite people to talk to about the bible because she cares about the truth more than being "right".

Anyway, that was early day number one, after going to bed at 5:30am I got up again at 8:45am to go to the FCF service. The leader of the night watch was giving a message on the night watch and asked those who were willing to come, so we did. IT was a lot of fun and I cried (at both services) after this Amanda and I went and had lunch then a nice 3 hour nap before the second service, which was a little groundhog day like because I was going to the same building in the same clothes, with the same person to hear the same message. BUT it was so good remembering the importance of the night watch in the hour that we live in. What impacted me the most was actually Shelly's short exhortation that Jesus, the judge wants friends in the night, those that would weep with him, I think the other highlight was Stuart declaring Psalm 134 over us, pretty intense.

As I said I had not much sleep for lesser reasons than supporting my leadership and listening to a message about the night watch.

And a practical note - a short nap is better than nothing and drink lots of water!!!!
Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come home... we can pray all night in new zealand...

Wendy said...

Sorry Kate

don't think there is a chance of that happening anytime soon :)