Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A little catch up

Despite my good intentions I have to confess I am not a faithful blogger like others I know. The excitement of Tuesday is my friend Sarah Edwards gave birth to the first IHOP-KC "night watch baby". Today (Thursday) I helped my interns move apartments, and we moved everything (well the men moved the heavy stuff) needless to say it has been a rather tiring day as we started at 2pm. As for me moving, I'm trying to find time to pack, which hasn't been easy lately.

Currently I've been a little distracted from Jeremiah looking at all the verses on anger in the bible. Looking at what arouses the Lord's anger, because God is love, and that's who he is and he feels love as an emotion, but God is not anger, though he feels angry, but he is just and righteous and he hates wickedness, so I'm thinking about these things. Last night as I was prayer leading our Psalm 45 set I was thinking about how he loves righteousness and hates wickedness and how part of our problem is that we don't. Most of us still struggle with the idea of God hating the wicked, but I have a feeling that's because we don't love righteousness like he does, so we don't hate wickedness like he does.

There's a thought for you! Of course then tonight I got my interns to meditate for 10 minutes of love is kind and God is kind. There's so much more to God then meets the eye!

No comments: