Friday, May 4, 2007

Latest reading.....

Actually I'm reading through an old book of mine "Foundations of Christian Doctrine" by Kevin Conner. I read this the first time when I was about 18 and I'm thankful I brought it with me to KC. I am currently reading the chapter "Doctrine of Christ". Talking about Jesus being fully God and fully Man, it's so good for my heart to remember who Jesus is. Jesus is everything God is personified (image of the invisible God) he really does show us God, because he is God in human form.

God became a man! I was thinking about how much Jesus has changed the world even in the natural . I mean a carpenter from a little town in Israel who claimed to be God literally changed the world ( he also created the world and is sustaining it by his great power, but that's another topic!). And why? Because HE IS GOD. He rose from the dead and he conquered the grave, he conquered death so we have nothing to fear but God alone!

I know, slight rambling, but I've decided I like this sort of theology, that makes God bigger and me want to worship him more. We all have to know what we believe about Jesus, salvation depends on it, he's not just a good man or a prophet, he is the very Son of God because of love sent to die to save us from eternal torment. And not have it just be something we can intellectually explain but something that arises from the inside so when we are asked "What is your beloved more than any other" we answer, our hearts "overflowing with a GOOD THEME".

I think that's all for now especially since many of my thoughts are at the "This is so cool my mind is going a hundred miles an hour" stage!
" Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless and with great joy, to the only God and Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority before all time and now and forever"
AMEN!

No comments: