Monday, May 28, 2007

the God who cares

"casting all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you"

I was talking with one of my interns, we've been talking about two particular issues, today as we talked she said she didn't like talking to the Lord about these things, because she felt shame, because he already knows, because I'm not sure if God cares so much. In a moment of clarity I asked her "Why do you talk to your friends about something and not the Lord, do you think they care more than he does? Did your friends die so that you could speak with them? The reality is God is Holy, high and lofty, He is the maker of heaven and earth and he knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, he cares, he dwells with the meek and the lowly.

Jesus died that we might be with him, he died so we could be his bride, holy and blameless, I am so thankful and I want to give him my heart, I want the Lord to be the one who I talk to, who I share my feelings and thoughts with, yes he knows them already, but it's about trust. It's funny how scary it can be to speak to the God who knows everything about something he already knows!

I want to be a friend of God, friends trust one another, if we want to know the secrets of God's heart, maybe we should share ours as well, maybe God cares about our day, maybe he cares about the days I miss my family, maybe he cares that I am grumpy and need his help, maybe he cares that I really like my new room. I think he does.

The assignment she gets this week? Talk to the Lord about the two things you are scared of talking to him and write me an essay "Why God wants to hear about who I have a crush on". I know kind of strange, but I know he is after our hearts.

Wendy

No comments: