Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The power of being there

There is something I think we easily forget, that we are human BEINGS not human doings. In a world where people run around all day doing things, and what you do defines who you are, how important you are it's so easy to think that the Lord's primary object is to have us do things.

Now I do believe faith without actions is dead, well I have to, it's in the bible and I believe that work is important, but when our primary focus is what we do we miss out in simply being with the Lord.

Becoming all that the Lord has made us to be means that we need to BE before the one who created us, that he can continue to conform us into his likeness.

The great prayer of Jesus is that we would BE with him where he is and see him in his glory, so I'm going with Jesus' prayer. Maybe it's true and Jesus, the Son of God, wants to be with us, even in our mundane little lives, maybe being his is enough.

No comments: