Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I like Micah, and Amos, and other prophets

I really like the prophetic books in the bible.

When I was younger I never read them because they were so confusing, and God seemed kinda mean and angry, now I love them and I see the jealous heart of a bridegroom everywhere.

And their message is so important, all of humanities problems come down to one thing - forsaking the Lord and his ways. Man's way always leads to the exaltation of self which leads to the oppression of others. God's way leads to life.

One of my friends talks about having dead friends, I think I've found some in these men who heard the Word of the Lord and spoke it even though it was always unpopular and rarely listened to.

And yes, I think Jeremiah is my best dead friend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're friends with Jeremiah, you've got to meet my main man the Philosopher. It's a bit pretentious to go by a title, but he's a bit strange that way.