Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What do you miss?

Today I was hanging out with my interns and one of them asked me what food I missed from New Zealand, it then became what I miss about home period, so for the viewers back home I thought I would list a few (this is by no means exclusive)

THE BEACH - so many decisions have been made walking along the beach praying!
FAMILY - I miss being a part of family events, birthdays, Christmas, thanksgiving (kidding, we don't have thanksgiving in NZ!)
MEAT - lamb roast, real sausages in tip top fresh bread with Wattie's sauce
THE CHEMIST - this is strange but I miss not knowing what all the brands are and the chemist lady up the road who would always tell me what to buy!
THE BATCH - I miss my little weekends away in the quiet with the stars and lots of books!
CADBURY - black forest
ICE CREAM - fruju's trumpets, goody goody gum drops
MY HOUSE - being a 10 minute walk from everything you would need
MUM - I know I already said family but I miss chatting with my mum and gleaning from her wisdom whenever I needed it
RUGBY - though violent, I do like it, especially when we are winning
MANUKA HONEY - on weet bix, I know it's strange but mum would give it to us when we were not feeling well
CULTURE - I miss easy going Kiwis! And subtle humour

So that's my list for today, there are many more things but that will do for now, maybe my next post I will write what I like about Kansas City :)

Wendy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss...
* Roasted Addiqtion Coffee
* 42 Below Feijoa vodka...and even non-alcoholic feijoas. There's nothing better to throw at a friend during summer.