Saturday, April 21, 2007

I got my license! (well almost)

The good news is I passed the written and skills test. According the the Missouri License people I am safe to drive in the states. Amazing! I was happy, after doing the test I then had to go to the city hall and get the actual license (you are given a piece of paper that says you have passed but it's not a license). After waiting in line for about 1/2 an hour I got to the counter, and found out the letter to say that I work for IHOP-KC must have a date 30 days or less, mine wasn't as I just used the one I had for customs.

So the saga continues, but soon I will have a Missouri License, a real American one with my photo and weight and height and address.

One of my motivations in getting my license, is not only does my international license expire in May but I am going on my first real road trip in July and I want to be able to share the driving. My friend Jen and are going to Nashville for a one day prayer and worship event called "The Call" we are then going to Virginia (her home state). So there will be a lot of driving and I'm glad that Jen now wont have to do all of it!

No comments: