Sunday, September 2, 2007

Personal days

Well I did it, I have taken 5 personal days and including my Sabbath I have six "days off". That is pretty good for me because I do have a tendency to just keep going and going but I know the benefit of taking time out to reflect on the Lord's goodness, on where I am heading and how I think I need to get there.

People do lots of things when they are on vacation. I have to say it's strange for me this time because either I ski or I am by water, but there is no ocean in the background as I sleep. Oh well, I'm still getting outside and chilling out around rivers and lakes.

There is one thing that I think is important for us to do, actually two things. One, is to treat our vacation times as extended Sabbaths, as times to trust in the Lord for provisions and thank him for all that he has done. Secondly to take stock of where we are. Am I doing what I think God is calling me to, if not why? Am I fulfilling the goals I have made for this year or was I unrealistic? I think it's important to look at how we live our lives WITH THE LORD, not naval gazing but being honest in where we are in our walk of obedience. Look at our schedules what is working, what isn't and taking responsibility if change is needed.

So really look at what the vision is that the Lord has given us and am I being faithful with what I think he is saying. Because otherwise we can find ourselves just going and doing life and then realize we have no idea what we are doing because we never took the time out to think about, life just kinda happened.

I hope that makes sense.
Me

No comments: