Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Singing Theologians

One of the values of our "harp and bowl" model is that we want to be a "singing seminary" (seminary is bible school). I've been thinking more than usual about this. How do we become singing theologians? How do we go from people who get together and sing around a verse to people who go deep in the Word? the answer is obvious. We go deep in the Word ourselves. Spending "long and loving hours meditating on the Word of God". Because at the end of the day, it's the Word that transforms our hearts, it's the Word that is eternal, it is the Word of God hidden in our hearts that keeps us from sinning.

I want the Word written on my heart, and it costs something - time! But the fruit is so worth it, I know I feel the most alive when I am in the Word and the Holy Spirit is teaching me things.

I want every person on our team to be able to preach on whatever Psalm we are studying. I want us to have the Word rooted in our hearts and cleansing our minds, being washed with the water of His Word.

I really want the Word written on my heart.
Amen, let's stand.

No comments: